Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and design machine controls including writing PLC, robotic and HMI programs from scratch. Integrating with other components such as vision systems, drives, recipe management systems, Level 2 database systems, etc.
- Perform safety risk analysis and safety circuit integration, Solutions range from hard-wired safety circuits to Guard Logix Safety PLCs.
- Integrate, setup, and configure vision systems to perform part recognition, part position, robot guidance, and quality inspections. Prevalent vision systems used are Fanuc 2D and 3D iR Vision, Keyence, and Cognex.
- Design and setup Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet networks for communication to internal cell components, as well as external databases and level 2 plant systems.
- Experience configuring and programming Allen Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs. Siemens and Beckhoff programming experience a plus.
- Fanuc robot experience is a plus.
- Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Interface with customers to understand their needs and provide assistance in solving customer issues. This support is done both remotely and onsite.
- Produce documentation on the operation of the automated equipment.
- Start-up equipment on-site at the customer facility, provide training, and service support.
Desired Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience and Associate Degree required; preferably related to automation, robotics, or manufacturing
- Experience with FANUC robots and controllers
- Experience with PLC programming, Allen Bradley/Rockwell Logix, and/or Siemens
- A solid understanding of Electrical and Mechanical systems as they pertain to automated machinery.
- Possess organizational skills, maintain a neat and organized work environment, track project timing, and cost to project plan.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime on an as-needed basis
- Competitive Salary
- Group Health Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Dental and Vision
- Supplemental disability insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with partial company match
- Bonus paid for travel
- Paid Training Opportunities
Ability to work from either location:
- Design & Build facility located in Pioneer, OH
- Engineering Office located in Holland, OH
Pioneer Industrial Systems designs and builds turnkey robotic systems, which provide our customers with less headaches and higher profits. Our vision is developing people to grow our company, which will proudly provide for generations. We are a family-owned business with an excellent team and a strong focus on our company culture. Using the EOS process, we have a clear plan for strategic growth as well as a firm definition of our company culture. We hire, discipline, reward, and fire around our core values:
Our Core Values - Behaviors that Define Who We Are
Acts morally, is honest, and does what is right
Challenges the status quo with creative thinking and the ability to simplify
Positive can-do attitude, realistic, and open to ideas while avoiding gossip
Efficiently works to achieve both individual and organizational goals
Respectfully sharing ideas and working together to win
Takes personal ownership of actions and responsibilities
Submit Your Resume
What's it like working for Pioneer?
Submit Your Resume